JOIN THE TEAM
GAIN VALUABLE EXPERIENCE
IN A VALUED HISTORIC PLACE
The Port Edward Historical Society is currently hiring for the 2022 Season. We are looking for students interested in working as a Heritage Interpreter. The main objective of the Heritage Interpreter role is to provide meaningful visitor experiences through the skilled delivery of interpretive tours of our National Historic Site. This includes welcoming the general public and visiting tour groups to the site, providing information in a clear and compelling way and highlighting the historical significance of the site and what it represents to the Salmon Canning Industry on the North Coast.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter outlining your experience and interest in this opportunity to Heather Hadland-Dudoward, General Manager, at email@example.com by the deadline of April 15, 2022.
We are always looking for dynamic, enthusiastic volunteers to support special events, community programs, conservation projects, and other activities on the site.
- Do you know the North Pacific Cannery story?
- Have you, or any family member, worked at the canneries?
- Do you enjoy meeting people from all over the world ?
- Perhaps you enjoy gardening, or painting or some carpentry work ?
- Perhaps your volunteer duties include some time in the Mess House Café?
- The North Pacific a busy place during the fishing season. Come out, be one of our local voices, and help us host our 10,000 seasonal guests.
Please reach out and tell us how you can become one of our talented ambassadors. Our season is a long one, so plenty of time to commit a little time to us. One day a week, or perhaps a week later in the season when our students return to school.
Please send a resume and letter of interest by email or mail.